Saturday, February 6, 2021

From Wanking Willie to Soliloquizing Stevens: I read seven more great poems about sex, death and that whole 'life' thing (which, contra Axel of the Wilsonian castle, we shouldn't let our servants do for us)

 Here's the last batch (for now) of videos in which I (try to) read great poems: "Love Song" (a self-love song, actually) and "To Elsie" by William Carlos Williams; "Port of Spain" by Derek Walcott (a poem new to me); "No worst, there is none..." by Gerard Manley Hopkins (my favorite Jesuit); "Ode to the West Wind" by Percy Bysshe Shelley (near the end there's a bit of crackle when my prophetic trumpet overwhelms my laptop's microphone); "Soonest Mended" by John Ashbery (with a special appearance by Max the Meddling Cat); and "Final Soliloquy of the Interior Paramour" by Wallace Stevens.











No comments: